DIY In Your Home

What do I need to know?
If you are doing DIY work in your home or having improvement work done by someone else you must get permission from the JMB first.

This applies both to tenants and leaseholders who have bought their home.

Permission is particularly needed for:

All work must comply with current building, water, gas and electrical regulations and you must be able to show the relevant certificates or paperwork to show that this is the case.

If you do not have permission and if you don’t comply with regulations you could be in breach of your lease or your tenancy agreement.